Sunday, August 24, 2008

M.O.P.S Women's Conference


We on the M.O.P.S Steering Team have been preparing for our 2008 Women's Conference for several months now!! All of our hard work and time paid off this weekend. Friday evening, the event began and we were blessed to have Jill Savage as our guest speaker, let me just say .... Way more than I imagined or expected!!! She is awesome! She spoke on Adventures in Mothering and Adventures in Marriage!! Saturday, she continued to bless us, with topic like Adventures in Grace (this spoke to me bunches...I need to give Grace to others, mainly my family!), Adventures in Forgiveness and Adventures in Faith. Here are some key points I will carry with me: 1)Think of being a Mother as a profession, what we do everyday for our children, our family is very important and something to be proud of, it just happens to be a job that is never ending and always unfinished. 2) When it comes to marriage - Put Christ in your marriage, Be committed, and remember God created this... it is doable with His help! 3) Be a Wife FIRST and a Mom Second! (Don't center everything around your children) 4) The best thing we can do for our children is to love our husbands. What I kids need most, is to know that Mom & Dad are Ok! 5) Date your Husband!! Daily Dates: Call to say I love you! Spend a few quality moments together everyday! Regular Dates: Weekly, Bi Weekly, monthly, whatever just set the day and time, write it on your calendar and then protect that day. It is your time to be together!! Annual Dates: At once a year be alone overnight together, get away! 6) Give Life to your marriage 7) Breathe Life into your Family! Duet. 30:19 8) When you come to the "Y" in to road choose Life, choose to give Grace, choose to offer forgiveness!! I feel very blessed to have been able to hear what Jill Savage shared with all of us! Thank you Jill for allowing Our Wonderful Mighty Good GOD to use You to touch Me!!

-LORI

A few Cards I made to donate to the M.O.P.S Card Sale!

1 comment:

Simply Jenn said...

I too was Blessed by this weekend!