Monday, October 5, 2009

Die Cuts R Us - Product Spotlight

Hi Everyone!!
It's time for another
Product Spotlight

at
Die Cuts R Us


The Spellbinders - Kaleidoscope Pendant
When Claudia sent me this pendant to design with I had no idea what I was going to make with it!!! Seriously, I even considered asking if there was maybe another product she had in mind because I didn't think I could do it justice and I hated to let Claudia down!! Well, I decided to ignore my crafter anxiety and just give a try!!!
Now, I am excited about this week's product...Not because it is my favorite and not because I couldn't wait to design with it!!! Actually it is quite the opposite...This is a product that I would have never taken a second glance at, a product not on my list of favorites and certainly not a product I have been dying to design with, HOWEVER I must say I am so glad I did!!! I have a bad habit of getting stuck in the mode of using only "my favorite things", things that I am comfortable with and using them over and over and over!!! I am thankful for the very valuable lesson I learned...GET OUT of my Box, Out of my comfort zone, Take a Walk off my Favorite's List and TRY NEW THINGS!!! I have a new appreciation for all those products I thought I'd never use!! I challenged myself and I am so happy I did!! I challenge each of you to go purchase one of the Spellbinder Pendants or any other product that DCRU carries, it has to be one you thought you'd never use!!! Ignore your crafters anxiety and craft away!!!
You will be glad you did!!!

I used Kraft colored card stock rolled through my Cuttlebug (available through DCRU) embossed with Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Moroccan Screen (also available at DCRU)for the base of the card. Lightly distressed the edges and the embossed design with brown pigment ink.


I used a Greeting Farm Stamp I purchased from DCRU. With a make-up wedge I dabbed a little brown pigment around the edges of the pieces including the Spellbinders-Kaleidoscope Pendant (cut from pale blue card stock) then rubbed Versa mark along the edging and then stuck the edges in clear embossing powder and heated it with my heat gun!! Viola!!!!!


Thanks Claudia for trusting me to design for Die Cuts R Us!!!

Hugs & Blessings,

8 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Lori this is SO gorgeous!! You rocked the dies and the coloring is just so beautiful! You are so talented!

Sheri Gilson said...

WOW!! Lori, this is gorgeous!! That is too funny about the pendant...I have picked them up but put them back. Looks like I may have to give them a try. Thanks for the enable!! :D

Bekki B said...

Great card Lo!!!! I'm glad you broke out of the box...just think how limitless you will be! I struggle with the same things! Am I allowed to make comments on your blog????

NinaB said...

Oh, Lori, this is simply gorgeous. I love the vintage look!

Tammy said...

This is so FABULOUS Lori!! I love your card and I love how you used the Pendant!!I think I need that embossing folder and that Spellbinders!!

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - Lori - this is just gorgeous!!! I do love these new pentants and I'm trying really hard not to buy them......you are making it really hard to resist :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Terri said...

WOW! It is so pretty!! You did a great job on it....as usual!! And a great little write-up piece, as well! You are SO cut out for this type of stuff!!

Kristine said...

*GASP* OH, be still my heart!! THIS is sooo gorgeous LORi!! :) LOVE these colors especially with her shy look. Mmmmm, saving this for inspiration, definately! :) Thanks for sharing your creativity with all of US! xXx