Thursday, August 11, 2011

CQ97 and DS14 - Running Behind



The last few days...oh, who am I kidding, the last few weeks have worn me out.
This week I fell behind and I haven't been doing a fabulous job of juggling a family of 7, my 
small digi business, my DT responsibilities and a sweet little girl who 
wants and needs my attention most all the time.
Yes, something had to slip between the cracks this week and it just happened to 
my card designing and posting!

Thankfully, Ella LOVES to draw and color, so doing just that with her and Hannah...is what makes them happy (and allows me to get some of my design work done)!

Speaking of Ella...still no word on an appointment to read the bone scan, but we are being still and waiting! If I don't hear something soon, I think I might have to give them a call!
Thank you all soooo much for your continued prayers! Your love and support is AMAZING!

The first thing I ran behind on this week is Challenge 97 at Colour Q.

Here are this week's colors:
Fun huh?

Here is my card:
I love this Echo Park Paper I got from HERE.
This quirky, lil' cutie, Pippa is a new Bug and Roo Stamp designed by very own, 14 yr old daughter, Hannah. You can find Pippa HERE in the By LORi Designs Digi Shop!


I am entering this card into:

___________________________________________

Today is Deconstructed Thursday and that means Jen Shults and her DT Gals have a 
new sketch for you at Deconstructed Sketches.
Here is the sketch:

Here is my card:
I used one of my newly released images at By LORi Designs... 
I added some of my older stash---Basic Grey - Nook & Pantry Paper.
And of course, added by Signature Dots for shading and background with Copics.


Hope you all have a wonderfully blessed and happy day!!

Hugs & Blessings - 
LORi BOYD
____________________________________

7 comments:

Carisa said...

so cute, i love your cards!!!! if anything needs to get pushed aside it is our hobby of course. something i've been in discussion with my hubby as well with the opportunity to go back to work - and you know pay off those bills. *sigh* anyhoot, i think no news IS good news sometimes esp in the healthcare industry. A lot of times what i've found is that they don't get back with you right away unless there is something wrong --- so that's what i'm praying for today. *hugs* you are doing the best that you can and it's just enough for right now.

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie these are bith STUNNINGlY GORGEOUS, totally amazing, hugs pops x x x

Jen Shults said...

Gorgeous cards hon. You know you are allowed to take a full break when stuff like this is going on... you need to relax but as a momma of a son that spent some time in the ICU in critical condition for 3 weeks (years ago) I do understand the need for distraction... any distraction to keep you from climbing the walls. I remember sitting at our kitchen table making bracelets at 3 AM because I couldn't sleep and I couldn't shut my mind off. I'm really thinking of you and sweet little Ella. I hope good news is coming your way very soon. I wholeheartedly think that most of the time the waiting is truly the worst part. When the challenge is unknown but looming it's so hard to stay strong. When the challenge is known you can plan your attack and fortify yourself for what is to come. So long comment short... I'm thinking of you and take a break when you need it. HUGS!!

klm said...

My 7 year old daughter won at Iris' Spot over a month ago and is asking and waiting to choose her digis since you were the sponsor. Was wondering if you could contact me about that.
On a personal note, I read your blog entry about your daughter and we will keep you in our prayers.

Marlena M. said...

I'm praying for your daughter. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

As for your cards...they are so cute! ;)

Jenn Borjeson said...

The cards are gorgeous, LOVE how you made one into a paper doll! So cute. Still keeping the girls and you all in my thoughts every day. xo

Scrappychick said...

These are both totally adorable Lori! Your daughter is so talented too!
Hugs! Cyndi